Pipevine Caterpillars

Well to answer my question of a few months ago, no the chrysalis's do
not seem to have hatched for a second brood  this year even though there
was plenty of green pipevine leaves and warm weather (until now). There
is only one chrysalis we could monitor and it appears that the rats have
found and eaten it (both ends chomped off the shell laying on the ground
below where it was attached to the wall. There is another (we think) way
up in a safe spot where we can hardly see it. There ought to be as many
as a dozen more hidden about somewhere in the vicinity.

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net