Re: Douglas Fir Tussock Moth caterpillar

Lisa,

>  I've never seen these before but
> now I'm wondering if our area is due for a large explosion (similar to what
> you up north are dealing with the tent caterpillars).  ...
>
> Any thoughts?

Every year we get some of these in the OSU MG office.  None, so far this
year, in Washington County.  Doesn't mean thery're not there,only that folks
aren't impressed enough with them that they don't bring them in.

That said, only time will tell if we have an outbreak hereabouts.  The
process with this insect is periodic outbreaks; don't know to what extent the
moths/caterpillars are gearing up at this point.

Jean, in Portland, OR