Anise Swallowtail larvae?

I have planted a butterfly garden but the butterflies haven't been too
impressed.  But today, while I was walking around the yard, I spotted a
caterpillar on the nonnative, self seeded, fennel.  At least that's what I
think the plant is.  It showed up last year and I left it in 'cause my
butterfly pamphlet said it was a larval food.

We've had lots of swallowtails around this year but none have stopped long
enough for me to positively identify them as Anise Swallowtails.  Though I
had one stay on the lilac long enough to identify the blue markings a few
years ago.  And it was definitely an Anise.

But now I've got pictures of these caterpillars and want opinions.

They're sitting at http://members.shaw.ca/cfryer  The first one is the best
shot we got.  The second photo is the first caterpillar I found.  I was
wondering if it was getting ready to form a chrysalis.  There are 3
caterpillars that I could find on the plant.  I was pretty excited.

The fennel is not in the butterfly garden.

Catherine