Re: Another newbie with unidentified insect

Suzanne, a few years ago I found a book at Borders in their discount book
section that you might find useful.  I saw it again relatively recently.
It's called The Handy Bug Answer Book, Dr. Gilbert Waldbauer, Professor
Emeritus, Dept of Entomology, U of Ill, Urbana-Champaign (up the road from
where I went to school).

What I like about it is that it lists questions that kids and adults alike
would ask and answers them.  I find it easy to use.  Your granddaughter is
too young to ask the insect questions that will stump you but she soon will
be able to.  ;-)  Here's a link to more info found at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578590493/qid%3D1056128407/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-1663883-6756654

If the above is too long and you can't link, go to Amazon.com and type in
the title and you'll get to the page.

btw, I got my copy at Borders for $4.98 or $5.98, IIRC.  I thought it was a
discontinued book - remainders, I think they call them - because of the
price so I was surprised, but glad, to find it at Amazon.

Lisa