small beetles? on wild carrot

Greetings. I am new to this list and don't know if there is much action
on it but I do have a question. We have wild carrot, Daucus carota,
growing in our front yard. The flowers are covered in a 3mm long
beetles, at least I think they are. The colors on the beetle are
black/brown and tan/white. Under 15x magnification they look as if they
were spray painted on, giving a mottled, somewhat chevron-like
appearance.
If anyone has any thoughts on what species it is, that would be great.

Thanks kindly,
David Williams
Seattle