A rhinoceros Beetle on my porch

To my surprise I found a small Rhinoceros Beetle on my porch. Its a male,
with the classic horn and it has an odd projection coming out of its rear
end, could be the feathery ends of wings, they extend 5-6mm from the end.
The insect is 2cm long. Black all over. It apparently died when we pressure
washed our house. I know the family is Dynastinae but I can find no
references to NW genera. Any ideas?

Rob Sandelin
South Snohomish County at the headwaters of Ricci Creek
Sky Valley Environments  <http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm>
Field skills training for student naturalists
Floriferous@msn.com