A checklist of portland insects

In my search for NW insect resources I came across this list.

http://www.xerces.org/pdx_inverts/pdx_list.htm

While sitting quietly at the edge of my little garden pond I was watching
the mosquito-midges dancing on the water and got to see two Robber flies fly
out and snatch lunch, then fly back to a perch on a nearby bush. The gardens
here are full of Spring Azures and the Woodland Skippers are out as well,
plus some kind of White butterfly, and a variety of flies, Beeflies, hover
flies, etc. Lots of March flies out too. There is a short-tailed Ichneumon
wasp coming to lights, Genus Ophion which has lovely long antennae and a
reddish brown body, and of course, a dozen grey, white and black moths. I
look forward to the Scarabs Moth blacklight field trip in June hopefully to
get a handle on some of these critters.

Rob Sandelin
South Snohomish County at the headwaters of Ricci Creek
Sky Valley Environments  <http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm>
Field skills training for student naturalists
Floriferous@msn.com