Whiteflies

Last year I had several thousand tiny Whiteflies living in clusters on the
backside of leaves of madrone, salal, Oregon grape, and more.  Little kids
thought it was fun to run along the "sneak" paths thrashing the salal with
their hands to put up clouds of these tiny white specks.

THIS year I have several MILLION tiny Whiteflies and they're on everything.
Are they hurting the plant material?  Do they do any kind of damage?  Will
their obvious population explosion crash soon  (I hope)?  Should I be DOING
something about them?

Helen Engle watching white specks all over my acre!