RE: butterfly nets

Isn't the Xerces Society based in Portland? I bet they would know what to do
with them, they may even have some kind of program that could use them with
school kids, etc. Wow, they have a really cool website! <www.xerces.org>.
Their are some really cool sections in the Polinator Conservation Program
section on bees, for those interested.

Audubon would also be a good choice, or if you have a Natural History Museum
in Portland, they might be interested. A local community college proffessor
could probably use a few nets too. I know when I was in college taking a
field ecology course, we had to sign up for the nets, and some of them
didn't make it back.

Brett Johnson
Green Man Gardens
bnbjohns@attbi.com