butterfly nets

Sometime ago a friend gave me 2 butterfly nets with the intention that they
should be given to the school where I volunteer.  Nice gesture however I
have heard more and more that no-catch or catch and release is the way to go
in order to protect our butterflies.

So do I give the nets with instructions about catch and release (can someone
help me with this) and hope they are followed or do I throw them away (the
recycler in me shudders) or give them to another organization (Audobon?)
that I know will do the right practice?

Help, I want to get these out of my house but I'm stuck about which is the
best solution.

Thanks!
Lisa
Tualatin, OR