Re: Raising meal worms info

It is true that they are not exactly fun to raise.   I have raised many,
many batches of them in my life of keeping lizards, etc.

Putting them in oatmeal, in a coffee can or better yet, a largish plastic
container with approximately 1/4 inch holes punched in the lid keeps things
sanitary.   Monitor the apple or potato which supplies their moisture and
remove the veggy/fruit when it becomes withered.  If it is getting moldy
then things are entirely too moist.   Make more holes or set the can in a
less humid place.  They don't actually smell unless the cereal gets moldy.

Occasionally the beetles get out, but I have never had them get into
anything else.

Arlene M.

Arlene Mikelsons <arlenem@olypen.com>