Re: birdseed moths

Daughter Melanie raised mealwoms in a bucket or bran flakes (with a
tight-fitting lid).  At various times she was feeding lizards, frogs, birds,
gerbils, fish and white rats.   The animals gobbled the larvae.

And I warned of dire consequences if the moths got loose in the house.

I can only imagine how many hundreds of meal moth larvae most people have
eaten (unknowingly) in their lifetimes.  Maybe in some way they are good for
us!

Helen

Helen Engle, SW Pierce County WA
Willing to share our space freely with insects,
except for Rhagoletis pomenella in the orchard.