Re: birdseed moths

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 15:10, tuisto@oz.net wrote:
> At 11:26 AM 3/10/03 -0800, you wrote:
>

> >Helen Engle, ever watchful for those little moths that come in birdseed that
> >I feed my Zebra Finches because they want to lay their eggs in my cereals
> >and graham crackers.
>
> Oh those pests! do they actually come in the bird seed? all I know is that
> I had to throw out almost all my flour, cornmeal, popcorn, oatmeal, etc. as
> well as dispose of the birdseed and totally clean out the pantry where it
> was kept.

I've had problems with them in the past, but have learned to keep stuff
that's going to be around for a while (flour, oatmeal, cornmeal, etc) in
closed containers. Crackers don't seem to stay around long enough to be
a problem.

Here's a link from WSU Extension on the critters:
http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/eb1396/eb1396.html

--
jerryg@gaiser.org -- http://www.gaiser.org
And I'd be a Libertarian, if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging